Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Part the XXXVIII: Goodbyeee!

20/5/2011
Final Tea...I really can't believe that my journey here is at an end.  I have met so many interesting people and seen and done so many interesting things.  I feel as though saying goodbye here is not a final one though.  I like to think that I am going to be returning here someday.  I can only hope I am correct.  I did some final things in my last few days.  For example, I took a trip back to Bradford-on-Avon as soon as my exams were done.  I found the same little town I loved before but this time the gardens were in bloom.  I even go to see a village cricket match.  This was nice because the players are everyday people.  Doctors, lawyers, clerks and students come together to represent their town and play cricket.  It was pretty cool.
The old man on the footbridge of the Train Station.

This guy rides his horse through town.

Village Cricket

The visiting side had a ten year old bowler.  He took two wickets, both LBW.

Meanwhile in Bath, a painter finishes his view of the Abbey.

John, Jamie, and the rest of the trivia team at the St. James Wine Vaults.

Myself with Lindsay Orchard, Jonathon Hope, and the great Andrew Butterworth of ASE.

Hadrian, Austin and myself at the final tea.

Tomorrow, I return to America.  I leave behind new friends, a great city, and sadly, a country where football (gonna have to get used to calling it soccer again), rugby, and cricket are well respected.  Until I return, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment